Corporate Responsibility for a Healthy Environment
As a leader in the healthcare industry, GF Health Products, Inc. (“Graham-Field”) believes in preserving
our environment today and for generations to come. As a manufacturer and distributor of thousands of health
care products that improve the quality of life, we also take responsibility for minimizing their impact on
the planet. From our manufacturing facilities to our distribution facilities and corporate offices, we
continuously evaluate how we can improve our environmental sustainability efforts. This corporate
responsibility extends to all of Graham-Field’s brands: Lumex®, Everest & Jennings®, Labtron®, Hausted®,
Grafco®, Basic American®, Lumiscope®, Intensa™, Gendron® and John Bunn®.
- In 2017 Graham-Field purchased 7.5 acres of property and began the renovation of a 119,000
sq. ft. building which was to serve as the new home of Graham-Field’s corporate
headquarters, its Atlanta based Distribution Center, and its Atlanta Manufacturing facility.
- ✔ The building was retrofitted, inside and outside, with all
LED lighting. The Energy effciency of LED lights over fluorescent and incandescent
lightning reduces the demand of power plants and reduces greenhouse emissions.
- ✔ Additionally, where possible, lights are on motion
sensors, again lessening the power consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- ✔ Architectural window film is installed on the windows in
the corporate office, which allows less solar heat to be transmitted, again
assisting in the sustainability efforts.
- Approximately 36,000 sq. feet of our space in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin is equipped with motion
sensor or LED lights.
- The entire production area at our Intensa facility in High Point, North Carolina is equipped
with LED lights. The customer service area has motion sensor lights.
- The warehouse area of Graham-Field’s Hazelwood, Missouri 144,000 sq. ft. facility is fully
equipped with LED motion sensor lighting.
OUR PRODUCTS AND SUPPLIES
- Graham Field Recyles
- ✔ Cardboard
- ✔ Aluminum
- ✔ Steel
- ✔ Paper
- ✔ Waste lubricants, filters, oil absorbents
- ✔ Batteries, lamps, lamp ballasts, old computers and scrap
- ✔ Other misc. items
- Graham-Field refurbishes demo units wherever possible furthering our goal to minimize waste.
- Graham-Field encourages all of our employees to use a paperless system to the fullest extent
- In the instances where paper must be used, Graham-Field provides recycling bins conveniently located
across our facilities to encourage recycling of all paper.
- Areas to clean dishes are provided, to discourage the use of paper products and to encourage the use
of permanent dishes and cutlery.
OUR CUSTOMERS AND VENDORS
- Graham-Field strongly encourages all of our customers to receive all documentation via electronic
means rather than paper. We remind those holdout customers of the advantages of lessening the world’s paper
consumption on a constant basis.
- Additionally, GF encourages electronic payment rather than checks.
- Graham-Field encourages its vendors, just as it does it customers, to send all invoices
electronically and to accept all payments electronically.
As Graham-Field grows, we are ever conscious of our obligation to help in the
sustainability of our environment. At every step possible, we make changes to help in that endeavor and
encourage our employees, customers and vendors to join us in this challenge.